Another good book to use in conjunction with the Bugs theme is The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle. This is a delightful book with a repetitive story line that offers many learning opportunities. It teaches children about positve character virtures, manners, time, size, shapes and how animals defend themselves. Click on the title of the book to read the reviews on it.
1. Discuss how each of the animals in the story tried to protect themselves.
2. Discuss how the size of the animals increased throughout the story.
3. Act out the story. Have a teaching clock displayed and have it change as the characters within the story change.
4. Gather more information about ladybugs.
5. Ladybug craft and math idea can be found in the link below:
Kindergarten and Preschool Activities