The following books are suggested counting and number books that could be used for each of the themes indicated. Click on the title of the book to read reviews about each book.
Note: You must press the back button to return back to this page after clicking on the name of the book. It does not pop-up into a different window.
1. The Napping House by Audrey Wood and Don Wood
2. One Hungry Monster: A Counting Book in Rhyme by Susan Heyboer O'Keefe
1. One Duck by Phyllis Root
1. Ten Red Apples by Pat Hutchins
1. Ten Dogs in the Window: A Countdown Book by Claire Masurel
Fish Eyes by Lois Ehlert
1. How Many Bugs in a Box? by David A. Carter
2. Ten Little Ladybugs by Melanie Gerth
Feast for Ten by Cathryn Falwell
Anno's Counting Book by Mitsumasa
In the links below you will find ideas to integrate these books with your lesson plans.
Preschool and Kindergarten Lesson Plans on Numbers and Counting
Printable Math Activities for Kindergarten and Preschool