Sunday, October 14, 2007

Circle Time Suggestions

I have incorportated a greeting circle to my classroom schedule, as I said I teacher children with special circumstances. I found that it has brought the children into the idea that we are in school, settles them down for the class, and I can explain what we are going to be learning about that day, and then dismiss them to centres or art. The day progresses smoothly after the greeting circle. by Laura Wright

I was using mini books to teach concepts such as "on", "behind", "over", "under" etc and the kids really enjoyed being given physical tasks eg: X to sit on the red table etc. They then started hiding all around the room when I entered and calling out where they were in terms of concepts. It was really effective. by Christine Partington

No comments: